post disclaimer: do not judge my lunch choices

i had a couple of errands to run today during lunch, so i stopped at a nearby burger king drive through and ordered a jr. whopper meal deal. this was the exchange:

bk girl: can i help you?
me: yes, i'd like a no. 4 with only lettuce and mayo. (this is important)
bk girl: what else?
me: that's all.
bk girl: what kind of drink?
me: coke icee
bk girl: what else?
me: (puzzled look) ... that's all.
bk girl: $4.91 at the second window

so, i pull around. bkg waits on the two cars in front of me. i pull up, she takes my money and hands me my stuff. i've learned the hard way from other fine establishments such as bk, so i check the burger before driving off. lettuce, mayo ... and cheese. so, i turn back to the window to tell her and she's already off at the in-store counter chatting it up with someone while my precious 59 minutes tick away. so, i kind of tap my horn to try and get her attention but not to sound too annoying. (i knew it would be awhile before she came back because no one was in line behind me.) anyway, she doesn't hear the horn, and i didn't want to be rude, so i just stare at her. and that worked like magic. she comes back to the window and we exchange again:

me: i didn't want cheese.
bk girl: well, the no. 4 comes with cheese.
me: well, i don't want cheese.
bk girl: ok

(maybe i should have made her feel bad and told her i was lactose intolerant and if i ate the burger with cheese, i'd have plumbing problems later? that would have been kind of funny actually.)

so, she's having my little burger redone. and she comes back.

me: so, what number do i order if i want a jr. whopper with no cheese?
bk girl: you have to say "no cheese."
me: oh
bk girl: so, just say "no cheese" next time.
me: ok.

and i drive off, but it's three hours after my lunch break, and i'm still wondering why she couldn't discern that i didn't want cheese when i said "with only lettuce and mayo."

um... i think i'll choose my lunch selection more wisely next time even when i'm limited on time.


This entry was posted on Monday, June 19, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 lovely comments:

    Changeit said...

    pretty in pink

  1. ... on Monday, June 19, 2006