yes, today is aug. 3, and it's a good day.

it's been a whole month since my last post. what have i been doing? finishing what i started. to quote damomma - five years ago i finished college magna cum laude. the freshness must have worn off because two years ago i lost my mind and decided to do it all over again ... except i must really like torture because i decided to do it master's style with a 4.0 this time. well, my mama always said, there's not like a job well done. and it's done ... finished ... complete ... finito. my thesis is complete. i've passed my defense. and on aug. 12th i will be hooded.

this comes while working full time, planning a wedding, losing my mother-in-law during hurricane rita due to ovarian cancer, and having a heart attack scare with my father. so, if i'm a little teary next weekend, the people closest to me will understand.

gosh it feels good to be done. i can't quit smiling :-)

till the natural high wears off ...


This entry was posted on Thursday, August 03, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 lovely comments:

    princessdominique said...

    Congrats on finishing...

  1. ... on Friday, August 04, 2006  
  2. Mon said...

    Many many congrats to you!! And best wishes on the next phase of your life!!

  3. ... on Tuesday, August 08, 2006  
  4. melyssa said...

    thank you so much!!

  5. ... on Wednesday, August 09, 2006