the last day of 2011. what a year it has been. i can't say it's been my worst year at all. actually, a person who was once close to me said his years kept getting better and better. the 20s better than the teens, the 30s better than the 20s and so on. now, i've had some set backs, but overall my years keep positively progressing. in that spirit, i have created 5 resolutions or as i like to call them life changers as resolutions tend to last no longer than the season. so, here they are ....

1. develop a better relationship with God
earlier this year i began attending bsf, and it has tremendously changed my life. i vow to continue learning and growing in the word, volunteering at church, sharing the gospel and building a better relationship with God. i am a better person when i walk with God. i know this is vital for my spiritual well-being. 

2. take minimalism to the next step
i am committed to getting rid of the clutter in my life. i have been blessed with many things, but i need to focus on keeping the things around that truly make me happy; give me joy. i will build meaningful relationships with people i care about. i'll spend more time investing in people. no more gadgets, no more guilty pleasures. my focus changes in 2012. i know this is vital for my mental well-being.

3. lose 15 pounds (aka get healthy) 
i know, i know. this is so cliche. but if i am honest with myself i have not been in the best of shape in the last quarter of 2011. i have discovered some new recipes, and i've overindulged in old favorites. exercise has not been at the forefront, and that has to be adjusted. i know this is vital for my physical well-being. 

4. remove toxic people from my life 
i do enjoy connecting with people, but i must get rid of some people who haven't been a positive influence in my life. those who are constantly complaining or just being negative overall. no more trips with unstable people who take out their aggressions on those who appear passive. no more socializing with male counterparts who have drama or diseases and then think it's ok to mistreat me. basically, it's all positive going forward (with healthy conflict when necessary). i know this is vital for my emotional well-being.

5. maintain a positive life center
with the ubiquitous stream of negativity in the media, anyone can get easily caught up in what is wrong with life. but there are many good things that happen everyday, and i plan to accentuate the positive and de-emphasis the negative. i have much to be thankful for. i know this is vital for my overall well-being.

so, these are the things i'm focusing on in 2012 and beyond. they will not only help make next year better but also help me grow as a person. i wish the best to those who might read this. stay true, keep your faith and be blessed. happy new year! 



This entry was posted on Saturday, December 31, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 lovely comments: