no matter how hard i try, that butch is going to try to make me break my new year's resolution. so, yesterday i decided i was going to treat the people in my department to krispy kreme doughnuts. other people in the department are always bringing in treats, so i felt somewhat obligated. last night gorgeous takes me by krispy kreme and i pick up two, yes two, dozen doughnuts for a total of 10.98 (of my hard earned money). this morning i bring them in and there she is.

"hey melyssa."
(argh, don't patronize me by acting like you like me.) "good morning.i brought in doughnuts for everyone."
"that's really sweet."
i smile.
no really they are much too sweet."
another kooky lady in the office (seriously her head is in the clouds most of the day) sends me an email. it reads: thank you for brining in the doughnuts. i will try to stay away from them. W.T.H?! is wrong with these people. luckily the senior vice president of marketing and marketing director skipped breakfast and were gracious about it. lesson learned, it doesn't matter how many you please, it matters who you please.



This entry was posted on Monday, February 07, 2005 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

9 lovely comments:

    Dennis! said...

    If it's any consolation, I would have been all over those doughnuts. Probably all two dozen of them.

  1. ... on Tuesday, February 08, 2005  
  2. melyssa said...

    thanks dennis! i think most people are normal, there's just always a few weirdos in the bunch. at the end of the day there were still about a dozen left.

  3. ... on Tuesday, February 08, 2005  
  4. mrcrazyone said...

    When someone brings donuts to work, I take it as a sign from God that I need a sugar rush. LOL

  5. ... on Tuesday, February 08, 2005  
  6. Melissa said...

    Those doughnuts wouldn't have lasted until lunch where I work.

  7. ... on Tuesday, February 08, 2005  
  8. p.p. said...

    Sorry, Melissa, but I would have been in the crowd to thank you for the donuts, but would not have taken one. I'm still on my low carb thing, so even one donut would have been my diet's demise.

    Now, if you would have brought in a cheese platter... screw the diet. I never turn down fine cheeses.

  9. ... on Tuesday, February 08, 2005  
  10. Meka said...

    Next time can you bring them to my office? I guarantee we'll be very appreciative:)

  11. ... on Wednesday, February 09, 2005  
  12. p.p. said...

    I must be fucked in the head, because I JUST noticed that I called you "Melissa." SORRY. I really need to get more sleep. Five hours a night is NOT enough.

  13. ... on Wednesday, February 09, 2005  
  14. melyssa said...

    it's actually an honest mistake peter. it happens all the time so i'm used to it. my coworker will send me an email that autocompletes my name in the address field as melyssa and he will start his email melissa, will melyssa sitting right there above it.

    so don't sweat it. your head is fine.

  15. ... on Thursday, February 10, 2005  
  16. melyssa said...

    just don't call me melyssa ford, peter. :-)

  17. ... on Thursday, February 10, 2005