so, the other day i stop by braum's on my way to class for a shake and some fries. i know real healthy, huh? well, before you judge me, know that i had two teeth filled on the right side of my face and it hurt to even think about eating a salad or anything healthy. there was no smoothie king on the way to class and i only had 45 minutes to get there. and i usually just barely make it.

anyway.

i pull up to the drive-through. there's no line, which makes me happy.


drive-through guy: how can i help you?
me: yes, i'd like a small chocolate shake and a small fry.
d-tg: would you like an order of fries with that?

silence ... now i'm thinking, did he just ask me if i wanted fries with that? am i tired from a full day of work and having my teeth worked on? and i so sore i'm hallucinating? has the numbing medication gone to my brain.

so, my response. i'm just not going to say anything because this must be some high school kid trying to be funny. a few minutes of awkward silence pass.

d-tg: ma'am, would you like an order of fries with that?
me (you must be a moron tone): i'm ordering fries. i want a small chocolate shake and a small fry.
d-tg (sincerely): oh, i'm sorry. i thought you said a small sprite.
me (feeling bad): oh.
d-tg: your total is $2.56, pull up to the first windown, ma'am.

yeah, gotta pull the foot out of my mouth on that one. the kid made an honest mistake, and i jumped all over him. the next question is, why couldn't i figure that out in my head? was i really prepared to attend a graduate class for the next three hours?

mr. drive-through guy, whereever you are, sorry for being a witch with a b yesterday. blame it on dr. stephens. :-)


This entry was posted on Friday, November 11, 2005 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

1 lovely comments:

    Maddie said...

    Ugh, don't you hate when that happens?!!

  1. ... on Saturday, November 12, 2005