i had some little poor uneducated snot* email me today who didn't like a post i had written ages ago. my response to him was not well received, mainly because i was disagreeing with him, so he (like most people who disagree with me) took a blind stab at the validity of my christianity.

i can't possibly be a christian and say mean things. this is basically what i get from a lot of people. not that this one person's email is deserving of a post all its own, but i feel a need to clarify some things for people who may not know.

[but one quick little rant first. i don't believe a nonchristian can accurately define what a christian should and should not be. it's like a woman who is not a mother giving advice on how to be one. i just don't believe it's possible. i know people attempt to do it. but for certain tasks, i just feel you need personal "on-the-job" experience.]

now - being a christian does not mean i am perfect. quite the contrary it means i am aware i am not perfect which is why i know i need jesus and which is why i am overjoyed that he died for my sins because i know i am going to fall short ... everyday. christians are not perfect, we are forgiven.

being a christian does not mean i always like everyone or always give everyone a fair shake. i am a human being. people get on my nerves. hey people are stupid. and sometimes i am people. but it is my duty to love my fellow man (and woman) with the love of the lord.

being a christian doesn't make me exempt from being everything else. knowing that jesus christ is my lord and savior. knowing that god exists in the trinity (the father, the son, and the holy spirit), and accepting this as fact did not magically wipe away my imperfections. yes, i'm a christian. but i'm also a person. sometimes i use my tongue as a sword. sometimes i speed when driving. sometimes i don't honor my mother and my father. but the advantage i have in being a christian is that:

1. i am able to discern right from wrong
2. i can ask for and be forgiven

so, please don't let the blog tagline consume you, or for that matter, consume me. i'm a proud christian. but i'm not perfect.

*i'm going to pray about the snot/anger management thing later.


This entry was posted on Tuesday, January 10, 2006 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 lovely comments:

    Alida Sharp said...

    Love the look of your blog!
    bp~

  1. ... on Wednesday, January 11, 2006  
  2. princessdominique said...

    People amaze me saying things in an email that they'd never have the nerve to say face to face. Ugggh!

  3. ... on Wednesday, January 18, 2006