today i'm going to pick up copies of my first exam. yes ... my first exam. the teaching experience has really been awesome. i've learned a lot about myself as well as the students. it almost seems surreal that i am going to pick up copies of an exam that i composed. even more, that my students are stressing and/or studying for the test that is scheduled for next week. it's really amazing how life turns on a dime.

i'm a little nervous myself because what if they don't do well? that means i'm not doing a good job. however, one of my students did tell me i was a good teacher the other day. i don't think she was saying it to suck up. i think she really meant it. that made my day.

at the full-time job, i'm busier than ever. it's a crazy year for us. we're trying to move from print to online for the majority of our marketing and advertising initiatives. it's great to be busy because it was so slow when i first started working there.

gorgeous got a plaque the other day for his successful emergency landing in october. it's sitting on the mantle. it's pretty nice. it's also pretty cool to have a mantle again.

life is good.


This entry was posted on Saturday, February 17, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 lovely comments:

    princessdominique said...

    Just stopping by to wish you well...

  1. ... on Monday, March 05, 2007  
  2. Melanoma in B&W said...

    Dear Melyssa

    I am contacting you regarding a blog survey I am conducting. I am a Ph.D. candidate in Mass Communication at Penn State and my dissertation project consists of a survey that looks at bloggers’ perceived motivations for and effects of their blogging.

    I am sending the survey to a number of bloggers, and I would like to invite you to participate in it as well. Participation should take approximately 15 minutes of your time. I would appreciate it tremendously if you would be willing to take the survey. If you decide to do so, please follow the link below:

    http://www.personal.psu.edu/cds205/blog/signin.htm

    I would be very happy to share the findings of my study with you once it is completed!

    If you have any questions or comments, please don’t hesitate to contact me!

    Thank you in advance,

    Carmen

  3. ... on Saturday, March 31, 2007