well, it took nearly 30 years, but it's finally happened. i can't talk. remember the crup? (if not, scroll down one post) i'm healed, but for some reason the drainage from the crup took away my voice. wednesday my fever was down to 97.9. thursday, my voice sounded kind of hoarse. this morning, it was very dry and weak. this afternoon, it's a little above a whisper. no one can understand me. not even my best friend. so, why in the world would i attempt to go through the drive through lane at the local hamburger joint during the lunch hour? momentary mental lapse, i guess. so, i went inside and ordered the old fashioned way - face-to-face. and poor tootsie, she probably thinks i'm mad at her because i wasn't talking to her this morning.

it's kind of weird not being able to talk as efficiently as i usually can. but fear not! this minor setback hasn't stopped me from spreading my two cents about any and everything on which i have an opinion.

thank goodness for email, text messaging, and blogging!


This entry was posted on Friday, February 29, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 lovely comments:

    Unknown said...

    Wel if you have kids I bet they are happy! If you don't have kids than you should be happy, because with no voice those kids will try you!
    Have a good weekend!

  1. ... on Friday, February 29, 2008  
  2. mrcrazyone said...

    Hope you are talking again. I am back.

  3. ... on Tuesday, March 11, 2008  
  4. melyssa said...

    oh yes, the voice is back. i've been up and down with severe temperature fluctuations, but i do believe i'm on the mend.

  5. ... on Sunday, April 13, 2008