so, the other day i was at lowe's* trying to find a quick and cheap repair for the anti-siphon valve on my outdoor faucet so i can water my backyard. (if anyone has any tips on this besides replacing the entire unit, i'm all ears.) so, anyway, i'm at lowe's headed to the back where the plumbing section is when this 70ish guy in one of those motorized scooters is staring me down. so, i figure the alzheimer's is setting in and i just smile and say hello. (i mean, i do know about respecting your elders and all. plus, if we're lucky we'll all live long enough to be old one day.) but i digress. so, as i say hello he says, "you are pretty." i say, "excuse me." "he says you are pretty." i smile and continue walking and he says, "come back here, i am serious." i stop, turn around, and say, "mister, you are way too old for this type of behavior." and continue walking.

hey, i get lonely from time-to-time. but i've already had to take care of one old geezer husband. i am not looking to make that mistake again. and i am not some bleach blond stripper from** texas either!

*i refuse to shop at home depot because their customer service is deplorable. they installed my hardwood floors and carpet, but that is the last of my money they get. i'll save the rest for another post/rant.

**thanks ms. correct it.


This entry was posted on Sunday, April 13, 2008 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 lovely comments:

    Unknown said...

    I'm glad to know that home depot sucks in Texas, because we are moving to the DFW are this summer and home depot is my mother's FAVORITE store...seriously!

  1. ... on Monday, April 14, 2008  
  2. mrcrazyone said...

    Haa!! This reminds me of the time the old lady at McDonalds came from behind the counter to tell how she loved to smell of Polo cologne on a man. Old geezer husband that is almost mean. LOL

  3. ... on Monday, April 21, 2008  
  4. Nerd Girl said...

    LOL! Maybe 70 is the new 40? Gotta give the man credit for trying . . . I think :)

    I think Home Depot sucks everywhere! I too refuse to shop there - I'm all about Lowe's.

  5. ... on Monday, April 28, 2008