if i am brutally honest with myself, i totally dropped the blog on blogging at this site. i started back in the summer of 2004 and was pretty faithful for several years. (i didn't post one single time in 2010!) then like an 80s hairstyle, i just dropped my blog. but (like most most things - e.g., bell bottom pants), i've come back around in hopes to be an even better blogger, writer, thought leader (like flare leg pants).
several months ago, one of my facebook friends shared an article from the minimalists blog. from that simple share i clicked and my mind was exposed to the world of minimalism. without sounding too dramatic, that one click truly changed my life. i realized that my life was (and sometimes still is) too consumed with superficial things that can't sustain my happiness, my joy. almost simultaneously, i started attending a wonderful bible study through the recommendation of a co-worker. and from that simple recommendation, my spiritual life has been greatly enhanced. these two events have truly changed my life. as ted mosby, a character on how i met your mother, said, "there's a lot of little reasons why the big things in our lives happen."
so, emotionally - where am i? i am not so consumed with finding a life partner anymore. i am not over-driven with making a certain dollar figure or attaining a certain job title. i am not concerned with having a specific type of car or owning a large home. now, i am more concerned with spending quality time with those i care about, developing more meaningful relationships. i'm more concerned with who's in my house rather than how large it is. i'm more concerned with dwelling in the house of God and developing a mature relationship with him.
what has motivated me? many things, and i am motivated to share them via this blog. as i mentioned before, the blog and the bible study were also moving. finally, i was particularly enlightened by, minimalism: essential essays by joshua fields millburn and ryan nicodemus. i will later share some lessons learned from their compilation.
why don't you join me as i being my blog journey again, resurrect my writing and shed light on what has made (and kept) me joyful?


This entry was posted on Thursday, December 01, 2011 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 lovely comments: