as with most years, 2012 brought some ups and downs, smiles and frowns and most importantly lessons learned. this is my synopsis.

1. some friends are in my life for a season, but some friends were never my friends to begin with. friends are supposed to see who you are and love you anyway. for years i had a person in my life who pretended to accept me for who i am then bad mouth me behind my back. it is sad, but i embrace the experience as a life lesson learned.
(lesson: people can be mean.)

2. 80% of success is showing up. and sometimes showing up requires a little perseverance. in 2011 and for a great part of 2012, i spent a considerable amount of time working on my professional certification. after much blood, sweat and tears, i more than earned it. because of that hard work, i earned a very high accolade within my field. it was a monumental accomplishment that was very well deserved and i'm most thankful.
(lesson: never give up on your dreams. God rewards you doubly for your efforts.)

3. sometimes home is where the heart is. in the fall, i got extremely excited about the possibility of heading east. i thought this move would help my career, familial relationships and my stagnant love life. then God showed me that i was to stay put and that some things are better the second time around.
(lesson: sometimes love lost isn't really lost at all.)

so, i guess this year i learned that some people are mean, i have to continually work hard and love can be difficult to find. however, i also learned that some people are wonderfully supportive and consistently genuine, working hard allows me to play hard and love can be right under your nose if you just open your eyes and your heart. i'm truly blessed, wonderfully made and looking forward to 2013. it's sure to be the best one yet!


image credit: frameangel



This entry was posted on Monday, December 31, 2012 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 lovely comments: