today marks the completion of habit 4 of proverbs 31 ministry's 5 habits of a woman who doesn't quit by nicki koziarz

chapters 7-8:
the fourth habit is: she gives others what she needs.

what i've learned about habit 3:
this week i've received more emphasis on that familiar verse - it is more blessed to give than to receive (acts 20:35). sometimes, i have to dig deep to find the energy to give but overall i enjoy giving myself away for God's glory. while it can be fairly easy to give people things, money, or even time, emotional generosity is a great thing to give others. in this study, i've learned it's also one of the hardest forms of kindness to give. but isn't that how it is with everything? the most beautiful, worthwhile things take the most work and effort.

the other part of emotional generosity is receiving. i've learned that i must be open to receiving what others have to offer me and letting them be a blessing as well. i feel optimistic about this habit because it is stretching me to be a better person by offering emotional gifts as well as physical gifts.

my prayer:
Lord, help me be strong and courageous in completing my goals. help me give others what i need but also allow them to be a blessing in my life. i know this is a way that your kingdom will be advanced and your glory exalted. amen!

my goal is to continually give and decrease so that my God may be increased!

give, and it will be given to you. a good measure, pressed down, shaken together and running over, will be poured into your lap. for with the measure you use, it will be measured to you. luke 6:38




This entry was posted on Friday, May 13, 2016 and is filed under , , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 lovely comments: