remember when i was sooo happy to have dsl? if you don't, here's a reminder. well the honeymoon officially ended this weekend. i was very happy to have dsl with my phone service. one, because since 1998 i had been on a dial-up modem, so this was a big improvement for me. two, my phone service and internet provider service would now come in one handy dandy bill. (hey it's the little things that make me happy, thus helping me to live longer.) anyway, i was so happy to be surfing the web much faster for about the same price i was paying for dial-up. (sbc should have used me in one of their comericals, eh?)

so, friday i come home from a mega-long day at work and notice the dsl light is flashing red on my modem. what the hey?! i go to my phone and low and behold, i have no dial tone = no phone service = no dsl. so, i call sbc and get the runaround and rehearsed script. "we're sorry you're having this problem, you are a valued customer. blah blah blah." i really could care less about you being sorry, just fix my phone. i pay quite a chunk of change each month for both of these services and don't think i should be without them for more than a few hours if absolutely necessary. well, a few hours turned into about 48. i had no phone service until late sunday evening. the good thing is i didn't have any major papers that had to be worked on this weekend. even if i did, i could have gone to the school like normal people do, but i'm lazy.

so, that was my weekend, no internet, no landline phone. thank the lord for cell phones. that's why the weekly inspiration was a little late this week, just in case you were wondering.


This entry was posted on Monday, November 08, 2004 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

3 lovely comments:

    Ontario Emperor said...

    And I would bet that the contracts that we sign with these companies explicitly specify that the companies are not required to provide a guaranteed level of service availability...

  1. ... on Monday, November 08, 2004  
  2. mrcrazyone said...

    Sounds like a good excuse to relax.

  3. ... on Tuesday, November 09, 2004  
  4. Melissa said...

    Hey, you left out the shopping fun with me!

    : )

  5. ... on Wednesday, November 10, 2004