not that kind of toy! get your mind out of the gutter!

i, yes frugal me, got an iPhone. on debut weekend, i was visiting my cousin in virginia. but i must step back and tell you the whole truth and nuthin' but ...

as i left my home for the dfw airport i received a voicemail message from the local airline that i was flying to alert me of a gate change. ah! technology is awesome indeed. so, i arrived two hours early, checked in just fine after being felt up by tsa, and the plane boarded and departed right on time. i get to va. and to my surprise my cell phone was not working. yes, it's a motorola v220, yes it's old, but it was working five hours earlier! so, i assume it must be the coverage even though i subscribe to the cingular - the new at&t, more bars, yada, yada, yada. anyway, i fiddle with it from the airport to my cousin's house. at this point the phone will power up, let me dial a number, and promptly power down. after 48 hours in va. with no cell phone,
my cousin's girlfriend takes me to the mall where there's a very nice apple store that just happens to have plenty of iphones and NO line whatsoever. i decide this must be sign from god or the shopping goddess or some higher power. and i, yes frugal me, purchase an iphone. and what a glorious fabulous purchase it's been. i've been back in texas for about a week and there are no iphones to be found. desperate people are visiting every at&t and apple store in sight and they cannot get their grubby little hands on one. i'm not bragging though because i do have one small problem - while most of my contacts were saved on my sim card, some were saved to the phone. so if i haven't called you in awhile, send me your digits!


This entry was posted on Tuesday, July 10, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

2 lovely comments:

    princessdominique said...

    Sounds like fun. Enjoy it. Hope you're enjoying your summer too.

  1. ... on Wednesday, July 25, 2007  
  2. Nerd Girl said...

    Hey there! Been dropping in every once in a while, you haven't updated in a while . . . . you okay? Hope that all is well.

    Be blessed.

  3. ... on Monday, September 24, 2007