life sure does throw you some curve balls. where have i been for the past three months? i've been getting ready to teach for the fall semester. i've been busy with work. i've been working with the african american chapter of my alama mater's alumni association.

and i've been getting a divorce.

after nearly two and a half years of marriage, my husband woke up one morning and said he could not be married ... to me or to anyone. he said that he no longer had love in his heart for me nor was i on his mind. he did not want to go to church, he did not want to have children, he did not want to pass go, he did not want to collect $200. so, after several weeks of being in denial and playing the passive aggressive role, he secured an attorney and 60 days later the man who i thought was my knight in shining armor left me ... for no good reason.

so, i did what i do best. i went into solution mode. i moved in with my folks and started looking for a new home. i found one, and now i am in the process of remodeling and moving in. so that's where i've been and that's how i've been.

am i angry? yes. am i embarrassed? yes. am i sad? sometimes. but i'm not bitter, and i refuse to be in a slump. i must pick myself up and move up and on. life is too short. god has bigger plans for me. i'm thankful we did not have children. i'm thankful that i was smart with money. and i'm thankful i have the support of family and friends who love me.

it's been a long process, but i can now actually type the words. i am divorced. but i am not broken.


This entry was posted on Friday, October 12, 2007 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

4 lovely comments:

    Nerd Girl said...

    Oh Melyssa. I am so sorry. I am also glad that you seem to be handling yourself and your situation in a noble matter. I cannot imagine. But I can and will pray. If you need to talk, please don't hesitate to contact me @ azatbailey@bellsouth.net. Be blessed.

  1. ... on Sunday, October 14, 2007  
  2. jluv1914 said...

    It is good to see that you are keeping your head up. I will be praying for you.

  3. ... on Wednesday, October 17, 2007  
  4. Mon said...

    Hey melyssa,
    It's been a long time and I am sorry to hear that things did not work out with your marriage. But you are absolutely right--God has something else in store for you and I'm glad to hear you are moving forward and taking care of you.

  5. ... on Tuesday, December 04, 2007  
  6. Anonymous said...

    My big sis is strong and has done so much with her life that nothing can hold her down! You are the bomb Melyssa, and you will be better than OK...you'll be the best. -- Love Lil Sis =)

  7. ... on Thursday, December 15, 2011