Image Credit: Rizzuti
i will be the first to admit i am not perfect. while i try to live an honorable life - doing what is right, serving as a role model. there are times when i do falter.

i kind of checked out of life the past few days. why? because sometimes i am my own worst enemy. what have i been doing? attending a pity party. every year as my birthday approaches i begin to think about what i have not accomplished in my life. even though i've vowed to live a life with little-to-no goals, i still fall into the old pattern of checking things off my proverbial list and becoming discouraged when i don't count enough check marks. i am still unmarried. i am still childless. i still don't make six figures.

but that's really focusing on the negative, and it's not productive. there are a lot of things i have accomplished in my short life. i survived the ultimate dumping, and became a stronger woman for it. i've been an influence in the lives of many growing children and young adults. i have a stable job that provides all my needs and a lot of my wants. and i live in a country that allows me to freely worship my lord and savior. my life isn't bad. actually it's quite good. it is my party, and i can cry if want to. but i won't. instead i'm going to be thankful for the many blessings in my life.

and how does that saying go? today is a gift; that's why they call it the present.


This entry was posted on Sunday, May 06, 2012 and is filed under . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 lovely comments: