Photo courtesy of:
 thepathtraveler
i've been single for quite some time now. and while i feel completely whole and validated in my singlehood, i realized the other day that i wouldn't mind having someone to share my innermost thoughts with. i know, i know, that is what God is for. but is it wrong to, at times, long for a life partner? i don't think so.

so, the other day i was driving and listening to one of my favorite albums on my ipod when i heard these words. i mean really heard and received them.

you have to believe like abraham believed when God said to him, "your wife next year, this time, is going to have a child." and then the Lord says these words to abraham, not as a question, but as a statement of fact, "is there anything too hard for God?"

i have had this album for a while, but i finally listened to the words. and i realized. i have not because i ask not (james 4:3). if God can cure illnesses, feed the poor and heal broken relationships; He can certainly find a life partner for me.

in the past i've gotten so caught up in praying for my loved ones and this crazy country i live in that i've forgotten to pray for myself. i've decided to be more focused and diligent in my prayers, not only for a life partner, but in all things. i hope you'll join me - to whomever or whatever you pray - just pray. i'll let you know how it goes for me (and would love to know how it goes for you), but i have no doubt we'll be successful because prayer does work!


This entry was posted on Wednesday, August 22, 2012 and is filed under , , . You can follow any responses to this entry through the RSS 2.0 feed. You can leave a response, or trackback from your own site.

0 lovely comments: